What is acne
- A disorder resulting from the action of hormones on the skin’s oil glands (sebaceous glands) and hair follicles, leading to clogged pores and outbreaks of lesions commonly called pimples.
- They occur on face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders.
- Severe acne can lead to scarring of skin.
What happens in acne?
- Clogging of sebaceous glands by certain aerobic or anaerobic microbes such as Propionibacterium acnes cause pimples.
- Besides overexposure to sun, a diet rich in oil and sugar also leads to acne.
- Acne poses a major cosmetic concern, causes emotional distress and affects the confidence.
Whom does it affect?
Comedones and pustular acne
- People of prepubertal age are more vulnerable to this type of acne.
Cystic and nodulocystic acne
- Common in all age groups but more in elderly people
Solution from JRK's
- Fights comedogenic formation
- Targeted activity against acne causing microbe, Propionibacterium acnes.
- Enhances exfoliation and desquamation.
- Opens up pores of the skin.
- Offers Sun protection.