Fungal infections of the skin
What is Fungal infections of the skin
- Cutaneous (Skin) fungal infections like athlete's foot (Tinea pedies), jock itch, Tinea corporis and Tinea axillaris are quite common.
- The main causes are a group of mould fungi and dermatophytes.
- The desquamated stratum corneum (top layer of skin) cells form an ideal substrate for these fungi to colonise and multiply.
What happens in Fungal infections of the skin?
The fungus when colonised, releases its metabolites which elicit inflammatory and immunological response.The symptoms are
- Peeling, cracking, and scaling
- Redness, blisters or softening and breaking down of the skin
- Itching, burning or both
Whom does it affect?
- with weak immune system due to various causes like diabetes mellitus,
- on immunosuppressive drugs, atopy, obesity
- who suffer from hyperhidrosis and menopause .
Solution from JRK's
JRK's AF anti-fungal cream
- Affect the micro habitat of the fungus and nullify the fungal adhesion on the skin.
- Offers relief from both symptomatic and mycological cause of infections.
- Rapid active formula reduces itching and other associated symptoms of fungal infection.
- Makes the skin smooth and reduces scaling.